Micro-needling is safe for many clients but it’s NOT for everyone. A wide variety of skin tones and skin types do respond well to the application of a derma roller, even those with freckles or age spots. As it doesn’t cause photosensitivity, you can have the treatment all year round. That said, there are circumstances where you should not have micro-needling done and these include persons who are undergoing treatment for any of the following:
- Autoimmune disease
In addition, persons with a type of scarring known as Keloid scars generally don’t see benefit from the treatment nor should they undertake the process since the risk of reoccurrence is high. Pregnancy is not a good time to indulge in micro-needling and finally, if you have an allergy to Lidocaine (the freezing crème used during the procedure) you should also avoid treatment.
Results vary for clients but on average, many of my clients report seeing immediate improvement that increases with each session. Generally, at least three or four sessions are required for long-lasting change. Working together with my clients we custom tailor a program for your skin, with carefully timed “downtime” between treatments, based in part on your response and your ability to heal. Ideally, six treatments in total provide maximum potential for success.
Your after care will be as important as the treatment itself and it’s important you understand how to properly care for your skin. This is why at Klarity by Kara we care as much about “after” care as we do about the treatment! After micro-needling, you must apply a product to help in the healing process. We recommend you use something that contains Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides and Copper Peptides immediately after treatment and then, within 24-48 hours, it’s recommended that a crème with both Vitamin A and Vitamin C, (and anti-oxidants) be used for several more days. In the meantime, you should also avoid products containing perfumes, known skin irritants and essential oils. Give your skin a chance to rest and heal.
This treatment should only be undertaken after extensive consultation with a skin care professional like myself. Ask how long the practitioner has been providing the service, what the sterilization practices are and make sure they are qualified. I only offer treatment to clients who meet all the criteria and whom I know will truly benefit. That means I’ll occasionally say no if it’s in your best interests. Contact me today to discuss any questions or concerns you have. Let me help you get the “big picture” because I’m Klara and I bring “Klarity” to the science of understanding your skin!
Online Screening Form
Please complete our COVID-19 Screening tool within 24 hours of your appointment. Simply email your results to:
Our Commitment to Guests
- Temperature checks and self-screening will be completed daily.
- We will follow a strict sanitation policy, including frequent hand washing.
- We will be required to stay at home if unwell and follow official guidance on self-isolating
- We will wear PPE as mandated.
- We will follow a policy of limited physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
- All linens continue to be single service use only.
- Our treatment rooms will continue to be disinfected between every service.
- We are continuing to disinfect high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, light switches on a regular basis.
- We have removed all non-essential items to minimize any contamination risk.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the spa.