Actually, it wasn’t just one client…it was many. You might notice from my profile picture that I am blessed to have pretty clear skin. Many of my clients over the years have commented on it. They are often generous with their praise and say things like: “Klara, your skin looks flawless, I’m sure you’ve never experienced any problems.” Well, let me tell you, it wasn’t always this way! I’m happy to share my story with you and basically it goes like this: it wasn’t always easy and I certainly didn’t have clear skin.
Entering into those dreaded teen years I had my fair share of teenage acne. In fact, I had quite a lot of it. I obsessed over every little pimple and the more I got, the more I worried. My mother always told me not to worry, that this would pass and I came to believe her. After all, she was my mother and she always knew best. Then we moved to Canada. I was 19 years old and maybe because of climate change or a change in dietary habits my skin grew even worse. I embraced the concept of make-up and wore lots of foundation in an effort to cover up the pimples and redness. It didn’t matter and probably, it made things even worse and I often had blushing red cheeks from dry skin that no amount of makeup could cover. Those were dark days.
I have lingering memories of spending hours in the bathroom squeezing blackheads and picking away at the acne, sometimes even going to bed crying because my skin was really starting to bother me a great deal. I was self-conscious and worried that my skin would never be clear. Deep down I wanted to be strong and my mother’s words “this too shall pass” rang continually in my ears. I tried to remember this advice when I was feeling particularly down and perhaps it was her continual reminders to be strong that led me to finally take control of my skin and take matters into my hands.
What my clients see now took plenty of hard work. It wasn’t until I began learning about skin, at a deep-down, cellular level, that I discovered the many secrets of luminous skin that I now share regularly in this blog and with my clients. My studies were (and are even now) extensive. I do a great deal of research and don’t rely on cosmetic company claims but rather, on my own ability to research, test and verify. So please believe me when I say to you I have been in your position and I know how it made me feel. I understand what you are going through but just like Mom asked me to trust her, I ask you to trust me. I’ve been there too and it WILL pass – especially if you spend some time with me learning all about how to achieve beautiful, radiant and luminous skin. You can and you will – my Mom was right – and so is yours!
Online Screening Form
Please complete our COVID-19 Screening tool within 24 hours of your appointment. Simply email your results to:
Our Commitment to Guests
- Temperature checks and self-screening will be completed daily.
- We will follow a strict sanitation policy, including frequent hand washing.
- We will be required to stay at home if unwell and follow official guidance on self-isolating
- We will wear PPE as mandated.
- We will follow a policy of limited physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
- All linens continue to be single service use only.
- Our treatment rooms will continue to be disinfected between every service.
- We are continuing to disinfect high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, light switches on a regular basis.
- We have removed all non-essential items to minimize any contamination risk.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the spa.