I know, F-exfoliation is not a word, but it got you smiling, didn’t it?
As you carry your beautiful summer smile and caramelized skin into the fall season, you may notice your complexion changes as soon as September 1st hits the calendars! After spending a lot of time having fun in the sun, your skin changes from radiant to dull. “Why?”, you ask yourself. Because sun exposure and other seasonal environmental elements create skin discoloration.
Luckily, there is one fast, simple and easy way to help revive your skin, which tends to get overlooked by the majority of us, and that is “Exfoliation”
What is exfoliation and why is it important?
The process of exfoliation basically means that your skin is ridding itself of old cells in order to produce new ones. Exfoliation sends a message to your dermis saying “Begin repair now!” every time that repair new cells are needed, expediting the turnover of cells in your epidermis. Exfoliating also stimulates the body’s mechanism for rebuilding collagen, which is the key to restoring your skin.
Your skin should exfoliate naturally on its own every single day, however, as the body ages, this process slows down. When we are young your skin cells regenerate rapidly, which is why our skin looks so vibrant and dewy without even trying. But as we get better with time, just like fine wine, the rate of cell renewal gets affected not only by the aging process, but also by sun damage, dryness, oiliness and menopause. The aftermath is dull, dry, flaky skin with clogged pores and blackheads all sprinkled over a good portion of wrinkles and uneven skin tone. Quite the cocktail, right?
However, you can keep all of these malefic skin villains at bay if you exfoliate. Adding a well-formulated exfoliant to your skincare routine will slowly but surely give you that Photoshopped look you are aiming for without the Photoshop! Every day exfoliation provides multiple benefits: helps with cell regeneration, decelerates skin aging, gently removes built-up dead skin cells, evens out skin tone, eliminates dullness, and decreases breakouts.
But the best part about exfoliation is that once you apply moisturizer on exfoliated skin, it will be absorbed better because it hasn’t been blocked by the presence of dead skin cells! Dandy!
Stay tuned for part 2 of this exfoliation series: Which exfoliants are proven to deliver outstanding results?
In the meantime, send your questions over to email@example.com Would love to hear from you!
Online Screening Form
Please complete our COVID-19 Screening tool within 24 hours of your appointment. Simply email your results to:
Our Commitment to Guests
- Temperature checks and self-screening will be completed daily.
- We will follow a strict sanitation policy, including frequent hand washing.
- We will be required to stay at home if unwell and follow official guidance on self-isolating
- We will wear PPE as mandated.
- We will follow a policy of limited physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
- All linens continue to be single service use only.
- Our treatment rooms will continue to be disinfected between every service.
- We are continuing to disinfect high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, light switches on a regular basis.
- We have removed all non-essential items to minimize any contamination risk.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the spa.