Finally, you decided to go for a skincare treatment, but walking into a spa can be a little bit of a gamble. After all, it’s not like you can test drive your skin care expert to see if it’s going to work out or not.
You should be very careful about what someone else does to your face, and that’s why I decided to share with you 3 practices your skin care professional must do before choosing any particular skin treatment:
1. Your skin professional should do a skin analysis under a magnifying lamp!
A good skin treatment should always start with a question about your personal concerns of your skin. You know your skin best, and a complete analysis with the magnifying lamp will confirm any concerns, and guide your skin expert into choosing the proper treatment and products for your skin type.
2. Your skin care professional should ask you about your home skin care regime!
Most of the time I hear “uhhmmmmm” from my clients…. As they quickly think “What was the name of the moisturizer I just put on in the morning?” It may seem like a very generic question, but this question is extremely important for skin professional to know. The use of retinoids, AHA or BHA or dermatologist prescribed creams or medications will determine what skin care products your skin professional can or cannot use in order to avoid skin irritations and further damage to your skin barrier.
3. Your skin care professional has to ask you about allergies!
These days more clients believe that natural cosmetic is better. Most cosmetic companies formulate creams from herbs and plants and good skin care expert have to have knowledge of all herbal ingredients in the cosmetic line that she is working with. Knowing clients allergies will help skin care professionals avoid using the wrong products on clients’ skin. By tapping into this tiny detail, we can avoid skin adverse reactions and irritation. Both you and your skincare professional want to make sure you will go home happy, with healthy glowing skin.
Now, these 3 important practices will be your little guide to know you are working with someone who really cares about your skin. It doesn’t guarantee you will get amazing results but I can assure you are in good hands.
Online Screening Form
Please complete our COVID-19 Screening tool within 24 hours of your appointment. Simply email your results to:
Our Commitment to Guests
- Temperature checks and self-screening will be completed daily.
- We will follow a strict sanitation policy, including frequent hand washing.
- We will be required to stay at home if unwell and follow official guidance on self-isolating
- We will wear PPE as mandated.
- We will follow a policy of limited physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
- All linens continue to be single service use only.
- Our treatment rooms will continue to be disinfected between every service.
- We are continuing to disinfect high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, light switches on a regular basis.
- We have removed all non-essential items to minimize any contamination risk.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the spa.